1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cooking Smelly Foods in the Work Kitchen: Yea or Nay?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 3_Octave_Fart, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

What kind of monster doesn't finish a salami sandwich?

Songbird likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

We have a cheese steak place next to the office that we regularly bring back to eat. It smells great while you're eating it but for a serious week you could smell it. There's only a few of us in a small satellite office so we joke about it but man when that wave of funk hits you when you walk in, it's hard to take.

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

4. murphyc

murphyc Well-Known Member

It's not just leftovers, though ad person's leftover KFC coleslaw has been there for a while now. Boss has had two yogurts in there for quite a while. The date on one of them is Oct. 12.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Maybe it's gone good.

6. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Funny, I just cleaned out the communal fridge yesterday. Shoved in the back was an old bag of oranges. My best guess is they are from sometime in the winter of 13-14. I've noticed them before. There were only two left -- one was black with the most mold I've ever seen on anything, and the other was gray and looked it'd shrunk by 50 percent.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Nobody sets out to cook burnt popcorn, at home or at work.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Any anecdote with salami is funny.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

After a round of layoffs a couple of years ago, we wound up with two abandoned offices in the back of the newsroom. They were mostly de facto storage units for old computer equipment, but a few other things were there too.
    One of those things was a plastic container (with a lid, thank God) with what looked to be some sort of cheese in it. It was in plain sight, but no one else must have noticed it because it sat there, literally, for months. Maybe close to a year. It turned black. It turned green. There might have been some purple in there. I left it there because a) I didn't want to touch it; and b) it was sort of a science and sociological experiment.
    The most amazing thing was, it didn't smell. If there's a better testimonial to the power of a sealed Rubbermaid container, I don't know what it is.
    Someone finally threw it out, but I wasn't there to see it. I'm rather disappointed. Would've loved to have seen the reaction when they popped the lid and a tentacle came shooting out.

Draft saved Draft deleted