1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cooking help!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Rhody31, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

So I'm slow cooking this spicy pulled chicken. After seven hours, I tasted it, and it needed some more spices.
    Grabbed my Adobo and when I went to shake it in, the cap came off and a shitload went in. I scooped out as much as I could, but it threw the dish off.
    I'm not wasting four pounds of chicken, so what's the best step for me to sweeten the dish a little? I was thinking about adding some sugar, but I don't know if that will really help.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Assorted ideas here:

http://bit.ly/152vk1z

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'd probably use some brown sugar.

4. Rhody31

That's what I did. I'll check it in an hour and see how it tastes.
    If not, that link was helpful. My google search was sweetening dishes as opposed to neutralizing salt.
    I have a feeling I may end up going to the market in the morning and adding more chicken if the brown sugar doesn't work.

5. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I doubled the other ingredients when that happened to me once, but the seasoning still was strong. I'll bet that brown sugar will help a lot.

6. Rhody31

Holy shit did it ever. Really neutralized the saltiness.
    I'm still learning to do stuff in the kitchen so when I have a solution to a problem, I feverishly search for confirmation from other sources to make sure that I'm not guessing.

Draft saved Draft deleted