1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CONWAY, Ark. copy editor

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by printdust, Oct 22, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

Company: LOG CABIN DEMOCRAT
    Position:
    FAST Copy Editor Needed Now
    Job Status: Full-time
    Salary: Negotiable
    Ad Expires:
    November 23, 2011
    Job ID: 1289586

Description:

This small seven-day daily newspaper in Central Arkansas needs a born copy editor whose middle name is "Fast". The person we're looking for must be able to crank out error-free pages and help us move forward in the digital space, too. If you're more than a tank of gas away and/or have never worked in a newsroom but think it would be a fun learning experience, don't waste your time or ours. To tell us why you are the person we're looking for, contact Rick Fahr by e-mail, rick.fahr@thecabin.net.

Hey at least they're being honest. We ain't taking you if you're from outside the state, or perhaps eastern Oklahoma or Missouri. Apparently they've had some experience with newbies.

2. joe_schmoe

joe_schmoe Active Member

Of course, if you have some hybrids, you are a tank away in Vancouver

3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

State volleyball tournaments start this week. All the championship games are in Conway.

On the sports side, David McCollum seems to be a good guy. Conway is a nice little town, too.

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

OK.

5. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

Sorry, it was late. I thought I had posted the second part about David last night, too. Muh bad.

6. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

No, Matt. I apologize.

Another example of Mr. Liut needing to suck down that first cup of coffee before heading to message boards. I'm usually pretty civil, but not in this case.

Agree on Conway.

Once spent thirty minutes riding through Conway fast-food parking lots while my two colleagues argued about where to eat. Didn't park. Just drove around and around. One of them had drunk barfed at the Conway IHOP on a previous trip and couldn't stand the thought of dining there again.

7. printdust

printdust New Member

My wife was from there. I think about how I wish I had met her in college there, so as far as that goes it strikes good thoughts for me.

Northwest Arkansas is pretty nice. Better than anything east of Little Rock

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, Central Arkansas U. has some fairly prolific women's basketball star right now.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, but is Tahoe only a tank of gas away from Conway?

Draft saved Draft deleted