1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

convince me, techies

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by proudpittsburgher, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So wait until then. Or do you have to get one now?

2. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Ha! I thought I was the only one still clinging to an old-school iPhone. I do have to upgrade soon, though... I've got dead pixels spreading across the screen. Started with a few and slowly worked their way horizontally across the screen. Shrugged and lived with it for a few months, but now I've noticed they're starting to head down the screen, too. Figure I've got about three months before my screen looks like wicker.

EDIT: And for the record, I HATE AT&T. The kings of dropped calls. Happens on about 15 percent of my phone calls now. I called to complain and their response was that I must be in an area with limited nodes. Yeah, I live about 200 yards from DOWNTOWN CINCINNATI. If AT&T doesn't have sufficient nodes for the downtown of a major metropolitan area... well... WTF?!?

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I have done a bit of reading and from I can gather....The iPhone 4 in white is coming out next week. That will last until June/July at the big Mac software show where the iPHone 5 will be introduced (Unless they do a 4 with an upgrade such as the case of the 3G to the 3GS).

The i5 will have a better camera and a bit of a faster processor, but that's about it. Production should be in August and mass release date will be sometime in the 4th quarter of 2011.

But the iPhone 6 (the nexgen phone) is supposedly due out in the first half of 2012 (maybe heralding the apocalypse) and that is supposed to be the be-all, end-all of phones.

I don't see how introducing 2 phones within 6 months makes much sense, but that is what I gather from reading all the techie blogs and whatnot.

Draft saved Draft deleted