1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Convince me otherwise: Clash Of The Titans is going to be the worst movie of '10

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I don't get how we can complain that CGI technology "hasn't advanced to the point where it doesn't look cheap" while also mentioning the stop-motion fest that was the original Clash of the Titans. From Ray Harryhausen to George Lucas, it's pretty much impossible to make dragons, krakens and gorgons look "REAL!!!!" enough for most viewers who aren't already predisposed to enjoying the cheese on the screen.

Clash of the Titans will be two hours of schlock, like the original. I'll probably be entertained by it, and laugh at its sheer stupidity more than once.

This is the leader in the clubhouse for worst film of 2010. You MAY have seen ads for this one:

[​IMG]

Starring Gerard Butler! AND Jennifer Aniston!

And if that's not enough for it to be a disaster, it's "From the director of Hitch!"

Yeah . . . worst movie of the year written all over it.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Bubbler, you write good.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have two friends who have seen Hot Tub Time Machine who swear it's hilarious...

I'm not expecting much for Clash of the Titans, butI'm fairly confident it won't be the worst of the year.

4. Mizzougrad96

I wonder if this Clash of the Titans is going to have any PG nudity like the original did 30 years ago.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm more excited for the Nightmare on Elm Street remake (seriously, that looks awesome), but as a longtime fan of the original Clash of the Titans, I think it's one of those movies that begs to be remade with better special effects. We'll see if it works, but I'm interested enough to consider coughing up the dough.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

andyouare, I can still remember the viscous goo that emerges when Medusa's head is severed.

In the right hands, this movie has potential to be great campy fun.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Dude, you need to switch to decaf.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The robotic owl was awesome, damnit!

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Damn. You and I are agreeing way too much today.

10. Armchair_QB

Re: Convince me otherwise: Clash Of The Titans is going to be the worst movie of

[​IMG]

11. Armchair_QB

Re: Convince me otherwise: Clash Of The Titans is going to be the worst movie of

[​IMG]

Burgess Meredith? GTFOH

12. Mizzougrad96

A TITAN AGAINST A TITAN!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted