1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Convince me my warranty company wasn't trying to scam me

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by proudpittsburgher, Apr 20, 2011.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Exactly my first thought!

2. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Agreed.

3. Update... So not only did they cover the power steering stuff but they covered the other gasket leaks in the tranny and engine, something they said originally weren't covered (not e
    Because of my warranty but because gasket leaks are never covered... Something I knew already. Plus they waived the deductible. I suspect they just wanted to shut me up rather than pursuing their bs "mistake". It's gonna work because I went from having a 2500 doll bill to paying 89.99. I still call bullshit but it ended up ok. Lesson learned, never get lazy. Look into your contracts before reaching for your wallet. Something you would think I've learned by now.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Seeing the title of this thread, I thought it was one of those scams in which some robo-caller rings you up and says that your warranty has expired. This in spite of me being on the Do Not Call list.

My car is old, and doesn't have one. Still, I can imagine a number of people, including senior citizens, who get scared and scammed out of money.

5. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

One of my friends is a favorite target of phone scammers. Not only do they have the "your car warranty is expiring" one, they also try to tell her that they have information about her credit card (she tries to get them to tell her which one; they hang up) and that she has an unpaid cell phone bill from when she lived in Indiana (She didn't own a cell phone while she lived in Indiana and never had owned one until she moved back to Kansas).

I've also gotten the "this is the final notice about the information about your credit card" call ... multiple "final" notices.

Draft saved Draft deleted