1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Controversy rises over Prince's phallic halftime projection

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ifilus

ifilus Active Member

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Re: Controversy rises over Prince's halftime projection

I thought it made him look like the devil, with curvy tail and pitchfork.

3. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Jesus Christ. If this is the only thing bothering these morons, they need to do all of us a favor and join the fucking Amish.

Does he really think it looked like a dick? How many dicks out there are shaved to a point, with a giant 'S' curve looking thing protruding out the back end. On second thought, if you know of one, keep it to yourself.

4. Cadet

Cadet Guest

See, and I don't think of phallic symbols when I think of Prince. To me, he's more like a eunuch who sings very sexy songs.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Let's talk about the real point...Prince put on a hell of a halftime show, he had these Beyonce-look alike twins dancing with him, and he looks great for a 48 year old man. I noticed those things a lot more than the fact he was sticking a guitar between his legs.

6. dog428

dog428 Active Member

The only thing I kept thinking was: Damn, those are some surefooted dancers Prince has there to never slip with the wet stage and all.

If you find yourself bitching about a "phallic" symbol in Prince's halftime show, you've got a damn good life. Because you're obviously so starved for something to bitch about that you're searching hard.

7. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

And yet nobody has a problem with a commercial where a man throws a rock at another man's head from point-blank range over a beer.

Sex bad, violence good !

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You know what Prince is saying about this right now?
    "No matter what anyone is saying, they're talking about me."
    That's the same thing Janet Jackson said three years ago.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

If he's going to get crucified by the loonies, he should have at least performed Darling Nikki.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

11. Oz

Oz Active Member

Nevermind Prince, wearing 4-inch Stiletto high heels while playing a very underrated guitar for 10 minutes in the rain.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

People in serious need of constructive activity. That's about like kid games of looking at the clouds and seeing bunny rabbits. I guess if he was a parent and saw a Playboy Bunny symbol, he'd scream about that too.

Draft saved Draft deleted