1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Controversial WH photo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Kings don't generally worry too much about rules.

2. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Controversial!

3. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

The Obama apologists have no shame. Here is a man using the death of US soldiers for political gain. He and his staff went AGAINST DOD rules, ignored the wishes of the majority of the families that lost loved ones and released a photo of Obama looking "presidential." This is not surprising, however.

"Or is it that the president and his staff are manufacturing positive press?"

I guess I should also not be surprised that some would view using the tragic death of 30 young soldiers to "manufacture positive press" is acceptable. Stop, take a step back and think about that for a second. Manufacturing positive press from this horrible event. Has the president, or his apologists, any shame at all???

Yes, I do have a problem with the president using these deaths to "manufacture positive press." I have a big problem with it. And you should, too, if you had any common decency.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Controversy indeed.

[​IMG]

And you had to insist on a comment being made, TSP!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You have your answer, Az. "People are talking about it."

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Just to be clear - the controversy isn't about the photo - it is that news orgs are hacked that they couldn't take the same photo.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Except the press didn't have the chance to use the photo, nor shoot one like it. It only appeared on the White House website, hardly the go-to site for news, for well, anyone.

Nor has any family stepped forward, to my knowledge, to object to the photo.

But don't let that stop you from carrying on hysterically ...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's it. This is the final straw! I'm not voting for him in 2012.

9. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Have never understood the policy of not allowing the return of soldiers killed in action to be covered by media in the U.S. No need to be shown, it's just a pine box.

Up here in Canada all of that is covered, from the arrival back in Canada as they carry the casket off the plane, trip down Highway of Heroes, memorials back in their hometown and usually something from the funeral.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If this is going to become another political thread, I'll throw in before the lockdown: The family of Pat Tillman, as does Jessica Lynch, wonders what the fuss is.

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I am deeply concerned about this.

12. vicd

vicd Active Member

As long as he didn't bow to the caskets, I don't care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.