1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Controversial WH photo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Nothing specific, but (surprisingly) the administration seems to have turned the page. The fact that there was internal debate about wether to release the names of those soldiers killed is a tacit admition the initial identification of SEAL Team 6 (which was a secret unit with no paper trail) by this administration was dangerous and idiotic. So, no, the Taliban is not coming out and giving interviews about why they shot down this particular Chinook. And, no, the Obama administration is not making its information about this tragedy completely public. But I think it is fairly easy to connect the dots.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm sure the Taliban would have loved to shoot down a Seal Team 6 helicopter.

I'm also sure they'd be happy to shoot down any U.S. helicopter.

And, if they had intel that team 6 was on this particular bird, then we're fucked more than I care to imagine.

And, I have no reason to believe they did.

And, I dislike Obama just as much as you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.