1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Continental Flight 3407 crash outside Buffalo (NTSB hearings on Page 8)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by pseudo, Feb 13, 2009.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Re: BREAKING: Plane crash just outside Buffalo

Nothing they can do about the ad, times38. It's unfortunate, but what are they supposed to do?

2. times38

times38 Member

I''m sure there's not. I just thought it was a really unfortunate combo given the situation.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

God. Just google mapped the address, and there are houses all over the place. Miraculous if it hit only one. And it looks like they were trying for the airport -- they were in line with the runway, but about five miles short.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

CNN interviewing, live, the brother of a woman who was on the plane. Uncomfortable TV viewing even for a journalist. Some parts of the news-gathering process are just hard, difficult, and watching them in this way feels perversely voyeuristic and painful. I'm sure it's even more awkward and stomach-turning for the average viewer.

God bless the deceased, the injured and their loved ones, as well as everyone having to work the scene and aftermath.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Completely random questions: 1) Is CNN International handling the anchor work on this one? Seems like it.

2) [completely meaningless and irrelevant] Is the CNN (female) anchor wearing a tuxedo shirt? Her blouse looks like it's straight out of the International Male catalog.

We now return you to your breaking news.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I can't for the life of me understand why someone would go on TV so soon after a tragedy like that hits so close to home. Just boggles my mind.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

Was the reporter for the Buffalo station. CNN's just grabbing whatever it can, since it seems to have its usual post-11 p.m. skeleton crew in ATL.

MSNBC is using its own and/or NBC News people.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Good point. I should have worded that part better about CNN just taking the feed.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Christ.

10. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Yeah -- Clarence Center is just east of Amherst, one of the largest (and most upscale) suburbs of Buffalo. Lots of high-rent subdivisions out that way; IIRC, that's where Drew Bledsoe bought a house when he played here.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

Somebody want to explain to Fox Snooze about how to cover breaking news?

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

LJB had it right. Christ. This horrifies me more every time.

Draft saved Draft deleted