1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conte Set To Reveal All To WADA

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by GB-Hack, Dec 10, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The fourth amendment applies to the government. As in, it prevents the government from executing unreasonable searches and seizures. What exactly does Dick Pound have to do with the United States government, and how has he compelled our judiciary or local law enforcement agencies to execute unreasonable searches and seizures?

2. Ragu --
    I hate going around with you on this again but the idea that it's OK for the government to subcontract the abridgement of our civil liberties to every other institution involved in our lives makes a mockery of constitutional guarantees. It eviscerates them without eliminating them. And Pound is fairly clearly on the record in his contempt for those guarantees. He really is an authoritarian yahoo.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Pound's been at the forefront of the crowd that suggests professional athletes should forfeit their privacy rights (it's not a job, it's a privilege!) and that sports organizations, in turn, should share/trade information with law enforcement. In case you missed it, that's exactly what's been going on in the name of ridding sports of those awful PED users the past several years.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I'm looking out the window for signs of airborne ovines right now because I'm in complete agreement with you on that.

5. It's a Christmas miracle!

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Dick Pound is an attention whore of the first order.

Can't you guys take him off our hands?

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You already gave us Celine Dion. No fucking way.

Draft saved Draft deleted