1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Contains Spoilers) Greatest TV show -- The Wire, Season 1 on HBO On Demand

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zimbabwe, Nov 28, 2011.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: Greatest TV show ever alert -- The Wire, Season 1 on HBO On Demand

I'll preserve, LTL

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm no huge fan of either guy, but that was a pretty big dick move, Chris.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Thanks dooley -- I noticed you just caught him on the college football thread too. He's like a cat burglar who accidentally poops.

4. Re: Greatest TV show ever alert -- The Wire, Season 1 on HBO On Demand

Dick - have you gotten to the part where Blind Butchie is killed? Randy's foster mom gets burned to death (well not really to death but it might as well be for poor Randy)? Namond gets adopted by Bunny Colvin? Those were three moving parts of Season 4

If you had me on ignore none of these would be spoilers.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Hey, Dick and Evil (now there's an episode title for ya), you can take this holiday cheer to PMs but please cease and desist here.

6. Re: Greatest TV show ever alert -- The Wire, Season 1 on HBO On Demand

IJAG - fair enough.

I love Boardwalk Empire but don't always watch it on Sunday night. I therefore wait to click the Boardwalk Empire thread until I'm caught up. I don't post on the thread telling people not to spoil anything. That would be very self-centered and selfish to even propose. Yet Dick acts like an afficianado of the Wire and basically tells people not to discuss anything in Season 4 or Season 5 because he hasn't watched yet.

The show has been over for 4 years.

7. Re: Greatest TV show ever alert -- The Wire, Season 1 on HBO On Demand

If it was Evil Dick - that might be an episode even HBO wouldn't show.

Straight Wire talk from here on out from me.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Jason Whitlock ruined the ending of Season 3 for me by putting a major character's death in the title of his thread. It was awesome.

Don't worry though. That feud never escalated at all.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Evel Dick was a classic villain and winner of Big Brother.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

No, I asked Double Down to specifically compare two scenes in Seasons 1 and 2 that I thought were both comparably powerful, as the thread was about Season 1 (in the title) and had spawned some talk about Season 2. I was not acting like an afficianado. I was deferring to an afficianado. He probably has forgotten more about television than most of us know. I was interested in his opinion.

Don't act like I went on some general Wire thread and demanded no spoilers. I asked someone a very specific question and politely requested that he not also include similar scenes from the end of Season 4 or Season 5, as that would be something he might naturally do in answer to that question.

This is quite a different scenario from the one you keep pushing. And don't act like you just were so angered by me asking that question - because you thought it was "selfish and self-centered" - that you just had to defend the honor of television threads everywhere.

You saw an opportunity to act like an asshole, so you jumped on it. That's the bottom line. And as everyone knows, including the dozens that you chased out of this site completely with your b.s., it was 100 percent in character.

11. Re: Greatest TV show ever alert -- The Wire, Season 1 on HBO On Demand

That last post wasn't to you.

Let it go.

Put me on ignore. Just don't send me a PM - I don't care

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You keep telling me to put you on ignore.

Why don't you put me on ignore?

You're the one who gets hot and bothered by my posts, not the other way around.

Draft saved Draft deleted