1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Contains Spoilers) Greatest TV show -- The Wire, Season 1 on HBO On Demand

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zimbabwe, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

I've yet to meet anyone who lists 1 or 5 as his or her favorite.

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I have two friends who thought Season 1 was the best. I really liked Season 1, which had one of my two favorite episodes, "The Game," and my favorite character interactions, between D'Angelo and Wallace.

I can't imagine how anyone could think Season 5 sucked ass except in comparison to the other four. If a regular show had a single season that good, we'd be raving about it.

3. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Ranking the seasons I'd go 2-4-1-3-5

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Just finished re-watching Season 2 for the third time ... It's the one that's grown on me the most over time. When I whizzed through the Wire the first time, I always felt like Season 2 was kind of like Halloween 3, a little out of place. But that couldn't be further from the truth. It ties so many things together, so many awesome storylines and characters.

And re-watching this show made me realize how much of a chasm there is between it and Breaking Bad, which is probably No. 2 on my list of shows but so far behind the Wire.

6. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I loved Season 2 but, on my first watch, the first few episodes bored me incredibly. It makes sense though as, with the Wire, you don't know what you're watching and what the importance of certain elements is until the picture develops.
    That being said, with the exception of Ziggy, I thought it was an awesome season.

Draft saved Draft deleted