1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

(Contains Spoilers) Greatest TV show -- The Wire, Season 1 on HBO On Demand

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by zimbabwe, Nov 28, 2011.

1. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

First four episodes of The Wire, Season 1 are now available on HBO On Demand. Cannot recommend this show more highly.

The only drawback for newbies is that it usually takes two weeks for new episodes to become available. That's a long time to wait.

Omar comin'.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: Greatest TV show ever alert -- The Wire, Season 1 on HBO On Demand

Don't go getting me excited about having a chance to see Cop Rock again!

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Isn't the entire series on HBO Go?

4. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Dunno?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the HBO Go thing gives you every episode of damn near every HBO series ever.

And if you have access to HBO On Demand, you have access to HBO Go.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

All the Led Zeppelin fans on the other thread say, "Screw 'The Wire.' When is 'Blossom' hitting On Demand?"

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I was reading some of the quotes online last night, and it makes me want to watch it again, even though I didn't even like it that much when I saw it the first time!

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I have HBOGo. The entire series is on there, as is, as you said, pretty much every HBO series.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

No post has ever ended well that started "I'm going to regret this," but I'm going to regret this ...

Dick, I say this in observance of your day yesterday, when Elliotte suggested you simmer down and you wondered why everyone always picks on you. And I refer to this post on the Beatles thread today:

And now here we have this analogy of liking Led Zeppelin to liking a teeny-bopper girls show, with its implication that such people are unable to comprehend something as deep as The Wire.

Whether it's this, or:

--The declaration that a vote for Michael Young, by a member of the BBWAA who clearly did all the required research, is not credible
    --The belief that Zeppelin is well, well behind the Stones and Beatles and a few others "probably to most who take rock music seriously from a critical standpoint" (while in the next sentence you say you have no musical chops or background to make such an evaluation)
    --The declaration that any true football observer would say Brian Urlacher is better than Mike Singletary
    --That whole thing about what it says about a person's intelligence if they watch CSI or other procedurals
    --I'm sure anyone else who reads this will be able to come up with his own personal tale, or maybe will just feel it's appropriate to repeat the "You're WRONG!" catch-phrase that has become associated with you

Do you see why people get bothered?

If this is the persona you want, I suppose that's one way to go. Plenty of people on here do that. But you seem to care what people think and want to relate to people on good terms -- and perhaps you don't care what I myself think, we have been down that road, but it's obvious that in the main you come here to share true discussion. This would be yet another reminder, of which there have been quite a few lately, that it isn't solely the difference of opinion that is getting you crossways with so many people.

10. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I thought All In The Family was the greatest show ever.

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

I started rewatching the series last week. Already crushed out Season 1 - simply phenomenal - and Season 2 is awesome as well, thus far.
    My father is going to lose his shit when I get him the boxed set for Christmas.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Lost should have been.

Draft saved Draft deleted