1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Contador was ridin' dirty

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mb, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

ALL, probably not. That's too much of a blanket.

But I'd say there is a better chance than not the GC guys have some kinda help that nature didn't provide.

As for his excuse about the beef, he's had a long time to cook up a cover story.

2. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Does the rest of his team eat with him? If so, they should all test positive.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I still say he's innocent...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contadors-scientific-expert-de-boer-details-defense

4. Shoeless Joe

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The report gives the concentration of Clenbuterol in the Spaniard's sample as 50 picograms/ml, a value 40 times (not 400 as stated by the UCI) below the value that the laboratory should be able to detect.

De Boer also calls into question the lab's declaring an Adverse Analytical Finding for such a low amount, and argues that 50pg is 180 times less than the amount shown to induce physical effects by the drug.

The report states that Contador showed no traces of the drug on July 19 and 20. After finding 50pg/ml on the 21st, his sample from the next day showed 20pg/ml and then only traces on the following two days.

So he ingested a trace amount of an obvious, detectable drug during a 24-hour period during which he knew he would be tested. My conclusion is that he's really, really bad at cheating or he's telling the truth.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Working entirely from memory, wasn't that the exact same story Landis gave? I remember hearing he had tested for such an obvious drug at such an obvious time, he'd have had to have been an idiot to have actually cheated so stupidly.

Well, he was an idiot.

7. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Is anyone in cycling not on the stuff?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm sure some are, but I'll demand WADA tests of every other competitor in my age group after Saturday's race.

9. Shoeless Joe

If they woulda been testing Cat 5s in my area 5-6 years ago I would have been so busted because of the amount of chicken wings I eat and the amount of steroids they pump into those things.

I would have been quite the scandal: "Uh, sorry Joe. You're going to have to give back that T-shirt and bottle of chain lube you won Saturday."

10. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I might enter the race in 2011. Even if I finish last, there's a chance that the rest of the field will be disqualified.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Nevermind.

Shoeless is right. The fucker doped.

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/5846/German-journalist-claims-UCI-denied-Alberto-Contador-positive-test-says-rider-may-have-received-transfusions.aspx?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed:+velonation_pro_cycling+%28Cycling+News+%26+Race+Results+|+VeloNation.com%29#ixzz112qJ3g6h

12. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Tainted meat? When I saw that, I thought they were gonna talk about how he bagged Lindsay Lohan.

Upon further review, I see that another cylclist has tested positive for doping. I'm shocked.

Draft saved Draft deleted