1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Contacts gone...ugh

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by flexmaster33, Aug 31, 2011.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Is this different than any other phone? I ask because I am not an Apple person, so maybe that loads it onto some giant massive land where you can find it even if your phone goes through the washing machine.

2. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Among other ways, when you connect your iPhone to your laptop/desktop, it will sync your music, apps, contacts, etc. to the computer. If something happens to that info on either device, you can restore to the last sync.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Cool. That's what I was asking. Thanks!

4. JPsT

JPsT Member

You can also set up your Google Docs spreadsheet to be viewable by coworkers. Not sure how big your shop is, flex, but then you guys can all pool together your info.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

As did I, but this is worse.

Good luck in recovery mode.

6. nate41

nate41 Member

I usually just save everything in google docs, that way I have access no matter where I am.

7. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

My contacts are all in my Google address book, which syncs with my iPhone thanks to Microsoft Exchange-style functionality. Highly recommend it, works amazingly well for me.

8. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

And I'll take this moment to issue a PSA about backups:

Do your backups. Set an alert in your calendar (on your computer or phone) and take 15 minutes a month to back up all your stuff to an external drive or burn a disc. Do this for your home and work computers, and your phone. Don't forget to back up your e-mail, too, if you use an e-mail client.

9. baddecision

baddecision Active Member

Not necessarily "better yet." A doc such as that can be lost or ruined with a couple of errant keystrokes. Mailing to yourself leaves backups in place as old pieces of mail. Don't learn the hard way like I did, and like others apparently have.

Draft saved Draft deleted