1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Contact info for NBA and NFL players??

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NINE, Jul 9, 2011.

1. NINE

NINE New Member

I'm needing to conduct interviews in the coming weeks with a handful of NBA players. In the past, I've always just gone through team media relations folks. But I called the Dallas Mavericks offices yesterday and was told that they "could not facilitate any player contact".

Does anybody have suggestions for ways to get in contact with media relations personell for NBA players? I'm assuming NFL players might be under the same rules. Anybody have suggestions or contact info?

2. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Oy.

But in all seriousness, figure out what agents represent the people you need to talk to and try working through their offices.

4. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Contact the players associations for the respective leagues ... they have a list of who reps who, and how to get in touch ...

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

If you have to ask for contact info, you really don't need the contact info.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This is actually your best bet, though still a longshot. Recently got an NFL player that way myself, as a matter of fact. (Agents, to be honest, will be almost no help right now if you have no prior relationship with them, especially as free agency begins.)

8. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

You could always just go to your local bar and wait for someone to yell out "All my bitches take shots!"

9. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

If you hae a relationship with an SID at a big school that might have alum in the pros, they might have the contact info. Their willingness to share is an entirely different matter but...

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. ChrisMaza

ChrisMaza Member

I had to find a player's information for a story I was doing on him helping his hometown (which I cover) after a tornado. The Patriots were actually very helpful. They said they couldn't directly get me in contact with them, but got me the cell number of his agent.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd call the local paternity lawyers. I'm sure they have most of them in their rolodexes.

Draft saved Draft deleted