1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conspiracy Theorists

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lugnuts, Jan 15, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Hmmmm, I said something stupid on there, and I was trying to be reasonable.

Posted this on another thread about some loon FB friend of mine:

Ran into some loons yesterday on a friends' FB page who were giving themselves erections over YouTube videos claiming the Sandy Hook massacre is a hoax. One woman's reasoning was that she had cried for a month after her cat died, her mom still cries four years later over her husband's death, and she saw a couple of videos where mother's of gang-violence victims were wailing in the streets -- so why didn't the selectively edited YouTube videos show people crying as much as she thought they should be crying?

Turned out the person posting actually had another FB friend who actually worked at Sandy Hook and attended four funerals and asked her if those funerals she attended were hoaxes. Then the biggest nut I've ever seen anywhere started rambling incoherently to himself all night, and another mutual FB friend with the same first name as me posted things to mock that guy. The loon was so dumb he thought the other guy was me.

I've never encountered such stupid people.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

If I had Facebook friends like that, the Facebook block option would be working overtime.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Your attacks on any conspiracy theory are merely proof that you are probably part of that conspiracy.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

The only real conspiracy: [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown Member

Or maybe also breaking-news 24/7 cable TV, where more than a few inaccuracies are "reported" early in the aftermath of something big like this.

But your point is taken.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I guess we just interpreted his questioning differently.

He didn't say "if a plane slammed into the south tower."

He said, "The plane slammed into the side of the south tower. Shouldn't the flames have been bigger there?"

To me he was questioning the physics, not that it happened. In mean, there are videos of the impact.

Like the collapse. He wasn't questioning THAT they collapsed, just the CAUSE of the collapse.

Nit-picking in any event.

7. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Yeah, exactly. I don't block Facebook friends when they have a different political opinion. That keeps things interesting. But I do hide friends who relentlessly fixate on one issue, and who "support" with all sorts of REAL PHOTOS and viral crap that falls apart with the slightest fact-checking.

8. Bubbler

Shut up, Charlie Brown. You're the worst of the lot.

I think you DID kick that football. And I don't think all you got was a rock on Halloween. Moreover, I think your Halloween costume is a metaphor for the many holes in America's foreign policy at the time.

And the Great Pumpkin? It's Linus's name for your dick.

9. Bubbler

Like when I post that Leeds United rules?

10. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Did it rise in the pumpkin patch that night?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

People have become so used to conforming facts to their views (instead of the other way around) that perhaps there should be a new sub-genre of TV - the alternate reality show.

12. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

What I always loves is when someone says look at the words of the back of a dollar or on a building or in a newspaper story or on a cereal box "you can connect the letters and spell out (something silly)"

Well, there's about a hundred words there genius so you can spell out pretty much whatever you want

Draft saved Draft deleted