1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conspiracy theorist in me suspects Bush, GOP...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Killick, Dec 13, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Naw, it would be easier for the GOP to convince one of the Dixiecrats to switch sides.

So what is wrong with the fellow?

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Has someone rushed a videotape to Bill Frist for his diagnosis?

3. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Not a good story for the senator. Having a brain bleed from an AVM is scary stuff. I hope he recovers well and can return to normal function.

4. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Narm! Narm! Narm!

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Too late. Dr. Bill only makes diagnoses from the well of the Senate, and his term is up.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Democrats if South Dakota governor does not select a reasonable replacement, you start the impeachment process.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If Johnson cannot serve, I honestly don't know who Rounds would appoint, besides himself.

The Republicans in the state -- despite an overwhelming edge in registered voters -- barely scared up a sacrificial lamb named Bruce Whalen in the house race this year, and he got clobbered 70-30 by Stephanie Herseth.

8. Incapacitated is a relative thing. Both Biden and Specter missed chunks of their terms because of illness, and Thurmond hung on until he was nearly 100, even though everybody in the Senate knew he was virtually vegetative. Those are the ones I can think of. If Johnson comes through the surgery OK, he can keep his seat, even if his recovery's prolonged. That takes Rounds off the hook, too.
    Isn't this what Breslin had?

9. BullBoi

BullBoi New Member

Sports journalists really oughta stay out of politics.

It's like watching a quadratic equation competition at the Special Olympics.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You're right, Bull.

No informed opinions on politics here.

Quick, tell me who the two governors of South Dakota were before Rounds.

11. Custer.
    And then Sitting Bull.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Wrong, but witty.

Before Rounds was the only US Representative (I have no idea if this is correct or not) to have to leave office after being charged with vehicular homicide, Mr. Bill Janklow. Who recently got his law license back, BTW, and will always occupy a special place in my heart for smoking in his office long after he signed the ban on smoking in government buildings.

His logic?

I'm the governor. Who's going to tell me to put it out?

Draft saved Draft deleted