1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conspiracy theories you believe in?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Nov 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Christopher Marlowe was never killed and probably authored at least a few of the plays attributed to Shakespeare.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You notice how many of those are US-based conspiracy theories? You'd think with a headstart of a few centuries that Europe could come up with a few more than the USA.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Lincoln assassination conspiracy (clearly more than just a theory) doesn't even get a mention.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I believe more than one person was involved in the JFK shooting. I don't believe it was a vast conspiracy that reached the upper levels of government, i.e. the movie, but I do think more than just Oswald was involved.

That's really about it. I'm not big on conspiracty theories.

5. KG

KG Active Member

I'm up late at night and sometimes I'll turn on Coast to Coast to see what weirdos were picked for the show that night. I just don't see how they can even come up with some of the crazy stuff they talk about, and I have a very wild imagination.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

They just told you to say that.

7. KG

KG Active Member

It was the lizard-people aliens. You just can't tell they are aliens, because they have a button on their belts they push that makes them appear as humans.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And five of them are U.S. Senators.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

John Kennedy and Robert Kennedy both, in my mind, were taken down as part of conspiratorial scripts.
    My guess is The Mob was involved both times, perhaps working hand-in-hand with governmental entities.
    But, most assuredly, The Mob at least had some tie to both.

AIDS? I've thought long and hard trying to figure out how something so deadly can just "appear" on the scene as AIDS did around 1980.
    My sister died of it, after unprotected heterogeneous sex.
    She lived 9 years as HIV positive. It's hard to believe there hasn't been a cure.
    I do think the U.S. govt. is capable of some of the dastardly inferences mentioned in the Telegraph piece.
    Way capable.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Or, we could just not be a bunch of paranoid lunatics. You know, one or the other. :D

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I see the fnords.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

As well as several publishers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.