1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Consider dis a divohhhhce!"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Jul 21, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Remind me again: which one is the bad actor?

http://articles.news.aol.com/news/_a/schwarzenegger-funds-stem-cell-research/20060720150109990012?ncid=NWS00010000000001

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (July 21) - A day after President Bush vetoed expanded federal funding of embryonic stem cell research, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger on Thursday authorized a $150 million loan to fund California's stem cell institute, which has been stalled by lawsuits.

Schwarzenegger, a Republican who has been trying to put distance between himself and the unpopular president as he seeks re-election this year, said the state cannot afford to wait to fund the critical science associated with stem cells. 

"I remain committed to advancing stem cell research in California, in the promise it holds for millions of our citizens who suffer from chronic diseases and injuries that could be helped as a result of stem cell research," Schwarzenegger said in a letter to his finance director. 

------

Way to go, Governator.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the President may be pretty close to alone on this one...

Good for Arnold...

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ahnold's done some good things and some bad, I guess. :-\

This may get him a second term, though.

4. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

I dunno.

While it's true Ahnold has actually found out how hard it is to get anything through the state senate braintrust up in Sactucky, you oughta see the guy he's facing in the election, Phil Angelides. He looks like the treasurer of the Chess Club, all grown up. He's a developer with little regard for the land he rapes.

I'm honestly torn on this one. And I say this as a liberal.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Good for him. Reguardless of the results in the election, he's done good on this one.

6. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

And a new campaign slogan emerges:

VOTE FOR ME, IF YOU WANT TO LIVE!!!!

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

In other news, Commando was on AMC last night. I had forgotten what an unbelivably cheesy movie that was.

8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

How?

9. Armchair_QB

Been awhile since I'd seen it. Don't get me wrong. I knew it was cheesy but the cheese factor was higher than I remembered.

Man, the 80s rocked. There were some great outfits in that Galleria scene.

My favorite scene was when Ahnold crashed that little sports car head on into a telephone pole at about 80 mph and he and Rae Dong walked away from it like nothing happened.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

You sir, are wrong.

11. Armchair_QB

I know cheese when I see it. That was some quality cheese.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

No argument. It was cheesy. But sometimes cheesy is still good. Strange Brew is evidence of that.

Draft saved Draft deleted