1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conservatives hampering global warming prevention? Not so fast.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Yawn, Apr 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

Are you arguing that NASA announced that global temperatures rose last year?

2. Global warming is a scam and Obama is a marxist. You have taught us so much. Thanks!

3. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I'm saying you have read nothing produced by NASA.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

All this gorp talk is making me want a snack.

(Y'all do know gorp is another name for trail mix, right?)

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Dammit, Inky, I didn't, but now you've gone and made me hungry. :)

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I did not. I do like trail mix so this works.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Richard Lindzen quoted in The Daily Mail. Wow.

That's fabulous. The paper that puts the Post to shame.

I guess our friend flop never attended the classes we run regularly on rhetorical fallacies, particularly the old favourite, Appeal to Authority

Lindzen is the guy who doesn't believe in the link between cigarettes and cancer.

8. And you do? Sucker.

9. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

You guys will reap what you sow...

Climate change will impact beer production

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080408/climate_beer_080408/20080408?hub=SciTech

10. Well now we're getting somewhere.

Stupid fucking cows! I need my Foster's!

11. Dammit, IW!

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It says "In support of his gloomy thesis, Stern, like all global warming enthusiasts, ignores the evidence that does not suit his ideology. He glosses over the fact that, according to a host of historical accounts, Europe was far warmer in the Middle Ages than it is today, or that the 17th century was much colder, prompting what was known as 'The Little Ice Age', when the Thames was often frozen over for months at a time."

The producers has never been shown up by the male who calls himself Pastor. Too bad. They could have used his counterpoints in the show. After all, no one knows more about anything that him. And I still don't understand why he refuses to offer his services in leadership to the country as its chief executive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.