1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conservapedia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Jun 28, 2007.

1. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

My favorite part: Canada generally does not do well in the Summer Olympics: in 2004 Canada only collected 12 medals (3 gold, 6 silver and 3 bronze). This is especially astonishing when taken in comparison with countries that usually perform very well, such as Australia, which although it has 12 million less people, collected 49 Olympic medals (17 gold, 16 silver and 16 bronze). However, given the nordic nature of the country, it is no surprise that it finished third overall in the Torino Winter Olympics, with a total of 24 medals, one less than the United States and 10 more than next-place Sweden.

Basically saying, they're a nordic country so obviously they do well at the winter olympics but they should do better in the summer olympics, I mean, look at Australia. It's not like Australia's a warm weather country or anything ::).

2. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Either we're agreeing, or you're not making any sense.

3. Canada is a "nordic" country?

4. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

That too.

5. Mighty_Wingman

I may have to go register at Conservapedia just to fix this. Less/fewer errors are a definite Wingman pet peeve.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Yes, Winger, and while you're cleaning up that mess, please do something about this rather jarring attempt at a transition.

Canada tends to reflect more liberal ideals than the United States. Two such examples are the legalizing of gay marriage in June, 2005[8] and, in some regions, the decriminalization of marijuana and small amounts of other psychoactive substances.

Notable sports which are enjoyed throughout Canada include...

Yeesh.

7. Mighty_Wingman

"Notable sports which are enjoyed throughout Canada include" might be the worst-worded phrase I've ever read.

8. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Loved it -- especially the reference to Fox News Channel's "fake news show." Black's punch line was one of his best ever.

9. Mighty_Wingman

The suspense is killing me...

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Conservapedia: Admitting Democracy has a liberal bias.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

12. Mighty_Wingman

For some reason, I ended up at the Cheney/Google Earth video. That sort of tended to drag.

Draft saved Draft deleted