1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conrad Black should thank his lucky stars

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flash, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

He stands to do 30 years ... but these folks:

http://calsun.canoe.ca/News/World/2007/08/10/4407220-sun.html

BEIJING -- Two former bank employees were sentenced to death yesterday for stealing $7.08 million Cdn from their branch's vault in northern China, a government news agency reported.

Ren Xiaofeng, 34, and Ma Xiangjing, 37, robbed the state-owned Agricultural Bank of China in Handan in March and April, the Xinhua News Agency said. It said the two men worked in the bank's vault.

Most of the money was spent on lottery tickets, the agency said.

Both men plan to appeal the verdict by the Handan Intermediate People's Court in the northern province of Hebei Province, the news agency said.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Jesus, if I won the lottery I wouldn't go out and buy more lottery tickets.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Starman Justice lives in China!

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I think I'd be getting the fuck out of Dodge if I had stolen that kind of money.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

The Agricultural Bank's ATM wasn't very good when I wanted to take out money. So, I am not fond of this bank. However, the trial was rather quick and pre-determined when they decided who was to blame. It isn't like a real trial occurred or anything.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Well, there's their first mistake. They should have stolen Chinese currency. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted