1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conrad Black, inmate-to-be

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I think prison is a great thing for him. He needs an attitude and personality adjustment and I hear prison is just the place for a metamorphosis to happen.

Didn't he get to keep his house in Florida?

If the appeal fails (which it will), how long until he fights to serve the sentence in Canada?

Something tells me Black enjoys the spotlight and will do anything to stay in it for as long as he can...attention seeker. And for Rick Mercer to have Black on his show just advocates for more attention...

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Some things I never understood about Black. Was his point through all of this to prove he was right, to clear his name?

If I were facing the same circumstances and had anywhere near Black's financial resources, I would be so far from civilization that no one would ever find me.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Black isn't at all difficult to understand. He's way too pompous to just slink quietly away.

Not only did he need to prove he was right, he needed everybody to know he was right, and why he was right, etc., etc.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

OK, so his arrogance is what ended up costing him. I see.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

Exactly. And the level of scorn he has for people whom he sees as the enemy is just off the charts.

If being a self-important douchebag were a felony, Black would be serving multiple life sentences with no possibility of parole.

Draft saved Draft deleted