1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conrad Black headed back to prison

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by YankeeFan, Jun 24, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Final chapter of the story:

2. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Good.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

When will Gannett suits be sent away for the same crimes?

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ha HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Don't we all wish.

6. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

And I was thinking he deserved it for what he did to MJ... :'(

7. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Pretty sure this guy owns the newspaper I work at.

Hope he dies behind bars.

Actually, that's a little mean. I amend that to say I hope he stays in prison for the rest of his life. :)

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

An astonishing, disingenuous creep.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It takes a long time for these schemes to unravel. My guess is Gannett will be out of business in a few years anyway.

10. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Active Member

Not a fan of the Palm Beach press:

"This gives me a long-awaited opportunity, deferred almost 30 years, to write that the Palm Beach Post-Times and Daily News are such abominably stupid, boring, poorly edited and vulgar products, they would cause Gutenberg to regret that he had invented the press and moved the world on from illuminated manuscripts."

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/conrad-black/farewell-playground-of-th_b_1071458.html

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Vanity Fair, which usually has a much harder edge than this on its real reporting, produced one of the all-time bullshit cozy-up-to-the-criminal-to-get-the-story stories on this dickhead. It's six pages online, but I doubt you'll get past Page 1 before you want to fill out your Pulitzer, Nobel and Albert Schweitzer Humanitarian Award nomination forms on his behalf.

http://www.vanityfair.com/society/features/2011/10/conrad-black-201110

12. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Active Member

He had comments on that one, too:

"When I published my book about my legal persecution two months ago, one of the promotional indignities was an interview with Vanity Fair magazine. It was a half-snide and often inaccurate article that demonstrated the difficulties of trying to make a serious point in an unserious place. But I did make the points that I had committed no illegalities and had been vindicated, and that I was rigorously unimpressed by the whole American prosecutocracy and its oppressive apparat."

Draft saved Draft deleted