1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Connecticut Supreme Court overturns same-sex marriage ban

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Oct 10, 2008.

1. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Mazel tov!

Gay couples have been waiting so long, they've presumably bought the dishes, etc., already. Time to set your sights on luxuries. Maybe a nice wine refrigerator?

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And if you're not sure, check out the "Steven & Chris Show on CBC. Helpful tips on decorating, fitness, relationships and much more!

http://www.cbc.ca/stevenandchris/

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I had been a bit worried about that question here, but thankfully it wasn't even that close. The Catholic Church had been promoting it especially vigorously.

4. I take back every bad thing I ever said about Connecticut.

Well, except for Geno.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Even this Nutmegger will tell you Geno's a complete asshat.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Beaks, I didn't hear anything about the question until like the week before the election. And then I heard a radio ad where they REALLY glossed over the point. They were like "vote for a constitutional convention because right now, you have no voice in your state!" And it sounded logical.

Until I did some research.

7. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I guess I was more worried about it than I needed to be, IJAG. It just seemed like it was hyped up pretty well.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

And the first same-sex couple was able to marry today:

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2008/11/samesex_marriag_3.html?p1=Well_MostPop_Emailed5

9. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

We'll see how much they dig it when someone has half their shit taken.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Well, I only listen to the radio on my way to work (7 miles) and when I watch TV it's either national channels or my Tivo. I was only speaking for myself. Didn't mean to sound like I was commenting on your statement.

I apologize.

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Oh, no problem at all. I definitely was more worried about it than I had to be given that the final vote wasn't even that close. Some of the numbers previous to the vote made it seem like it was going to be a tighter call.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Beaks, what are you doing this weekend?

Draft saved Draft deleted