1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Connecticut Supreme Court overturns same-sex marriage ban

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Diabeetus, Oct 10, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

That's right. I have been brainwashed to accept that liberals are the rulers of the universe; oppose gay marraige and they'll have you silenced - which is the noble goal of all hard-core leftists when it comes to conservative thinking. Rub them off the face of the earth.

That's a start, right?

2. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Sure, why not?

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Actually Scribe, the survey was done by the Center for Survey Research and Analysis at UConn. CT's religious wingnut population is fairly small thankfully.

4. Pretty much circumscribed to the Coulter family of Southington, is it not?

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Ha, well I'm pretty hopeful that they're an anomaly.

Also (I suppose this is for Scribe's benefit, wherever he is), I went to one of our local political debates last night and was pleased to hear that all of the candidates, whether Democrat, Republican, or Independent were in favor of the court's decision. So even our local Republicans have seen the light (On the other hand, one of them was so clueless and unprepared that it was embarrassing to watch).

6. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

There are some state troopers and librarians in Alaska that would argue that not all Republicans are exactly tolerant of the other point of view, SP.

In fact, it reeks of hypocrisy that you're bitching about liberal intolerance when you're talking about an issue that's wholly intolerant to an entire group of people.

7. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Seen the light? No, they've probably grown weary. But whatever...

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Bumping this to say the marriages begin today in Connecticut. :D

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

My take on the gay marriage issue?

Don't register for fine china. You never use it. It's a waste. We registered for well-made white plates. We've used them every day for five years -- or six, I forget.

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

And a link: http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/11/12/gay.marriage.ap/index.html

My favorite part of the story: However, Connecticut voters last week rejected the idea of a constitutional convention to amend the state's constitution, a major blow to opponents of same-sex marriage.

11. Plucky Nutmeggers!

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'll second that.

Candlesticks are nice though.

Draft saved Draft deleted