1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congressman takes credit for Rocky Mountain News closing

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, Mar 3, 2009.

1. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Hopefully the citizen journalist. Ideally, if it gets posted on something like CNN's "iReports" or a "Reader Comments" board, the organization will also get hammered.

I am waiting, with increasing longing every day, for this to happen. I think some pretty effective cases could be mounted if anyone actually pushed it. Internet law is nebulous, but that's only because precedents don't exist yet. Time to make some.

2. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

I totally agree. Time for the rubber to meet the road on some of these people who aren't trained journalists but think it's no problem to do our jobs. Btw, was just in a meeting with our publisher who says we're about to get a lot more "aggressive" about people pirating our content and slapping it up on their Web sites without credit. Yeah! Kick some ass.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

And Charles Schumer can be blamed for the collapse of a bank or two last year, with his publicizing letters he sent saying "This bank may collapse!" thus leading to said collapse.

Our politicians have cost a lot of people jobs. This doesn't surprise me.

4. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Rush may be a voice but he's no leader. As posted earlier, Rush was vehemently anti-McCain for a long time.
    And — as some libs are now just finding out — many key and esteemed conservatives were no fans of W for a variety of things, most notably the invasion of Iraq and the escalating spending in the budget.
    But back to our subject at hand — I hope dear Congressman Polis, while standing on a street corner with his back turned, gets a bundle of newspapers dropped on his dome by a passing circulation truck. Guess I'm lucky — the Congressman where I work is accessible but wrong 80 percent of the time. The Congressman where I live is even more accessible and a damn good guy.

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

This blowhard isn't worth my time.

6. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

info@jaredpolis.com
    jared@jaredpolis.com

Anyone tried these e-mails?

7. SportsDude

SportsDude Active Member

Take the word "newspaper" or "Rocky Mountain News" out of his statement and add "GM" and this guy would be getting death threats.

8. Lollygaggers

Lollygaggers Member

Polis actually is part of a CNN.com feature that runs weekly (I think) in which he and another freshman congressman (a republican from Utah) basically do a video diary of their first year in D.C. So he's milking the traditional media at CNN with one hand and then jerking off the traditional media with the other. Can't have it both ways, dude.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/02/19/freshman.episode.three/index.html#cnnSTCText

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Ahem ... fuckabuncha Polis.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I can honestly see Ms. Lovely and talented shilling for this clown one day

11. You haven't been paying attention for the past month, have you?
    He's about to run the current RNC chairman out of the party on a rail.

12. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

There has been a sea change.

Draft saved Draft deleted