1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congressman takes credit for Rocky Mountain News closing

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JayFarrar, Mar 3, 2009.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Running that through the translator, he said, "umm, I didn't know I was being recorded so let me apologize."

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_11822644?source=rss

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Re: Go F*** yourself Polis; Congressman takes credit for Rocky Mountain News closing

No comment.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Re: Go F*** yourself Polis; Congressman takes credit for Rocky Mountain News closing

Of course some fucking douchebag politician would be celebrating the death of the newspaper. It's one less watchdog.

Fuck this guy in the neck.

4. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Re: Go F*** yourself Polis; Congressman takes credit for Rocky Mountain News clo

Written by Karen E. Crummy

That woman HAS to be a hell of a writer

5. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Re: Go F*** yourself Polis; Congressman takes credit for Rocky Mountain News clo

Sorry Jared.... I am now rooting for something nasty to happen to you.

Asshat.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hooray 4 cityzen journalizm!!

7. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Here's a question we were pondering yesterday: When one of these "citizen" journalists gets sued because they libeled someone, who pays the tab? Them? The newspaper or Web site stupid enough to run their crap? Maybe one of these politicians spouting off at the mouth at how "we're the new media!"? Who really pays the libel bill?

8. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Someone please bump this just before his re-election.

9. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd point out that Polis, like our area's crappiest pol, Rod Blagojevich, is a Democrat.

Some of you will recall that besides trying to sell Obama's senate seat to the highest bidder, Blago tried to strong-arm the Chicago Trib's ownership into dumping some editorial board members he didn't like.

Not to bash on everyone in the Democratic Party, but some people think it's only the GOP who hates the press. No, that's a bi-partisan effort.

-- From a proud, long-time third-party backer

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Dear Boulder Daily Camera
    Do you now regret endorsing Jared Polis's successful run for Congress while he currently and openly roots for the demise of newspapers?

11. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

My good deed for today. He's up in two years, by the way.

http://polis.house.gov/

And how nice... you can't email him through the form on the Web site unless you live in his district.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

As are the rest of his colleagues in the house

Draft saved Draft deleted