1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congressman proposes killing BCS

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 10, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/28161939/

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Surprisingly, two of the three legislators supporting this bill are from Texas.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

::)

(FDP already beat me to it)

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Watching the Big XII title game Saturday I saw an OU fan holding up a sign with a picture of a crying UT fan with the caption , "but, but...We're TEXAS!"

Nice to Joe has hopped on the Wahhhhmbulance too.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What a shock, it was a Texas legislator. And nice to see Bobby Rush carrying Obama's water.
    Also not a surpise, Mike Lopresti reports that the Big 10 LOVES the BCS. (How many straight years have they gotten an at-large?)
    The thing is, I think they're right about the "national championship" aspect. I guess they go after the World Series next. College football has become no better and no worse than boxing. The only quantifiable factor in the BCS is the computers and they picked Texas and Oklahoma as the top 2.

Sure its kind of a joke, but when Utah or BYU was hosed a few years back, Orrin Hatch raised a fuss and they added another game for non-BCS schools.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I'm pretty sure an Alabama congressman did this is '04, too.
    Big shock: elected officials pandering to their constituents.

7. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

[blue]I'm glad that Congress is spending time on this since everything else in this country is going so well.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Don't these clowns have anything better to do?

Bail out Wall Street? Bail out the auto makers? Bail out the mortgage business? Bail out the Longhorns?

9. Paper Dragon

Paper Dragon Member

Maybe he should file a grievance with the Big 12, since they're the ones who selected the tie-breaker - not the BCS.

10. ondeadline

I understand from the FBI complaint, that Blagojevich had conversations with Mack Brown, but Mack was only offering appreciation for a BCS title-game spot. So Blagojevich said, "F him!"

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Blagojevich is a moron. How the hell anyone like that gets elected as governor is beyond me?

Then again, I still haven't figured out how GWB got elected president twice! So I guess I don't get American politics.

12. ondeadline

CNN ran one of his ads from his campaign. He basically made it sound like he would be the anti-corruption candidate. Yeah, right.

Draft saved Draft deleted