1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congressman Creepy's Office...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Actually, Reagan's entire economic theory was sketched on a napkin by a guy named Arthur Laffer, and it was described as a "Trojan horse" to bring down the top rate by Reagan's own budget director. It led directly to the recession of '82, the election of a Democratic congress and some semblance of fiscal sanity.
    Of course, Reagan's second term was marked by an illegal effort to sell missiles to a terrorist state and to use the profits to sponsor terrorism in Central America.
    By comparison to the incumbent, of course, he looks fabulous.
    And, I agree, this was really quick on old Foley.

2. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Look, if a newspaper runs something about a member of Congress being accused of doing something creepy or illegal, the odds are pretty damn good that it's true. What a menagerie of idiot ideologues, crooks, dumbasses, clowns and pervs.

And I'm talking about both sides of the aisles. Neither party has a monopoly on people you wouldn't want to get stuck next to at a cocktail party.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I won't hold my breath waiting for people to thank Fenian for bringing this story to our attention BEFORE the big news broke.

4. http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/09/foley_resigns_o.html

It gets...ah... worse.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Come on, I saw the way that kid was looking at Foley. He knew what he was after, and so did Foley.

On an unrelated note, I caught McGreevey on 'The Daily Show,' and Jon stewart gave him an absolute free pass. Not one mention or joke about McGreevey using the sexuality issue to distract people from the fact that he was heading an administration so corrupt it was impressive even by New Jersey standards.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

I can't believe that guy was serving on a committee for exploited children....

Brownie, you're doin a heck of a job.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That got to me, too.

8. JackS

JackS Member

Thanks, Fenian.

Always happy to learn about more jackass politicians ASAP. ;)

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Jack, you just scored major points in my book.

10. Even though it's not noted for its wacky style of humor, the Congressional Record occasionally gets off a good one:

"H.R.5749
    Title: To amend title 18, United States Code, to protect youth from exploitation by adults using the Internet, and for other purposes.
    Sponsor: Rep Foley, Mark [FL-16] (introduced 7/10/2006)"

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I guess we know what those "other purposes" are now.

12. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.