1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congratulations, Tiger!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by sportschick, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I have quite a few married friends whose wives have given birth early. What is the percentage of prematurely born babies when it is the first child? I have one friend who gave birth to both of her daughters about a month early. Both are doing great.

2. Claws for Concern

Damn.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

How big were you, and did you need to be in an incubator?

4. John

John Well-Known Member

According to my birth certificate, I was in there 41 weeks.

I always have liked to sleep.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

My nephew was born four weeks early, though he had issues and was in ICU his first 86 days.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

4 lbs, 3 oz. ... I'm not going to get into all the details on the general board. Suffice to say, I was (and am) pretty damn lucky. :)

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I remember watching Ben Curtis win the British the day my wife went into labor. We arrived at the hospital at 4 a.m. She delivered at 11:30 p.m. Hell, I could have played in the British Open in that amount of time.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I am just waiting for the comparison (perhaps I will make it here) between LeBron, admitting he'll skip the birth of his second child for an NBA Final and Tiger saying he would drop out of a major for the birth of his child. Perhaps marriage is the difference?

9. Claws for Concern

I guess Angel couldn't tell Tiger that even though he didn't win the U.S. Open, he should be happy because he was going to be a father a la the late, great Payne Stewart telling that to Lefty.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Um, this is Tiger's first and Bron's was his second. Just a guess.

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

There was a photo of a very pregnant Elin at Oakmont with a cell phone.

Somehow, I doubt this one was induced. But it would have been interesting how Tiger would have handled it had he and Angel Cabrera been scheduled for an 18-hole playoff Monday.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Even in a birth announcement Tiger has the ability to sound like a corporate robot. Congrats on the kid T.

Draft saved Draft deleted