1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congratulate me, I just survived my 25-year high school reunion

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by pressboxer, Oct 2, 2006.

1. Double J

Double J Active Member

My high school also seems to do the every-10-year thing, because it opened in 1960 and so it's convenient to have a reunion every time there's another year ending in zero. No class reunions that I know of.

I went last year just so I could promote my book coming out. Other than that, I really didn't give a shit, because I didn't particularly enjoy high school. That said, I now have two sons at that very same high school, and at least three of my former classmates teach there.

If my elementary school had a reunion, I'd be all over that.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The girl whom was rumored to be my crush in high school (LOL, little did anyone know!) was expelled a couple of weeks before graduation. She still attended the 20th for my other high school, which was how I knew she was expelled.

I didn't graduate from that high school, but the 10-year organizers made such an effort to include me that I would have felt bad about not going. And my going to that school's 10-year was really all about closing an unfinished chapter in my life.

Oh, and one of the cool things about Facebook? The girl who was rumored to be my crush and I had a conversation about my being gay and she was very supportive. I don't know how that conversation would have been had it not been for Facebook.

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Excellent point about Facebook. It's a great way to keep up with people from high school (and elsewhere) whom you want to keep up with. I don't need a reunion for that.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Just curious. What did you do that was so bad that they tossed you out two weeks before graduation?

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Oh, it had more to do with going to a hard-ass prep school than it did anything I did...or did to, a teacher.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Outing alert: TigerVols is poindexter.

Draft saved Draft deleted