1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congrats to Whitlock

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

EDIT: i'm not so sure those posts didn't happen around the same time.

but i'm sure hoping this clown isn't allowed to post here any longer after the shenanigans he pulled.

anyone have a better timeline than i?

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

When did this outing incident that still has some so rankled happen anyways?

3. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Outing is worthy of rankling.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Scripps Howard Foundation has a strict no outing policy. They must not have been aware of the sj breech when they made their decision.

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

Well of course he's a nasty person - I mean the guy has conservative leanings. And to top it off he's a dare I say it - African American with conservative leanings. What a disgrace!

Congrats Whit! You kicked ass this year and deserve every penny of that $10k!

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Congratulations to Whitlock, who sometimes looks like he's swimming against the tide for the sake of it, and other times actually produces some solid work.

He was a jerk at times when he was here, but he's far from the only one . . . even the exalted Dave Kindred got pretty riled up on the "Save the Game of Shadows guys!" threads. Of all the polarizing figures here, Whitlock at least is an actual sports journalist, even if he often would rather show his ass than have an actual discussion.

And as for outing . . . I find that the people who freak out the most about it, are often the ones whom, if they were outed, many people would say, "Um . .WHO?"

I hope dude comes back . . .

7. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

I SECOND THAT!

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Are you suggesting sportschick is racist or is letting Jason Whitlock's political leanings cloud her opinion of the kind of person he is? If so, that's pretty fucking stupid.

A toolbag is a toolbag, regardless of race or political background.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yeah, because I have a history of thinking that conservatives are nasty people. Look under a different rock for the reason I feel the way I do.

And I hope he doesn't come back. We don't need him. If he didn't post under his real name, he'd have been considered a troll.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I did consider him a troll.

But he was a troll who at least was a journalist. He wasn't just some ass with a blog and/or a youtube account . . . he's a journalist who many respect.

Of course, I don't hate trolls, because they usually make me laugh as they play everyone's anger like a fiddle.

Besides, the definition of troll is so subjective.

11. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

yer darn tootin' .. there's no disputin' Rasputin

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I was at the "Bledsoe is gay" game in Foxboro. Jason is a talented man whose desire/compulsion to be a shit disturber causes him to indulge in childish behavior. Had I been his editor at the time, I wouldn't have fired him, but by God he'd back on the least desirable beat we had. But because he IS talented, Jason's been alllowed to get away with stuff. That's never good, professionally or otherwise.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.