1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congrats to Whitlock

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SF_Express, Mar 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Outing someone on an anonymous message board that views such an act as the ultimate act of treason is beyond cowardly.

If he never set foot in SportsJournalists.com again, it will be too mother fucking soon.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

what i did love on this thread was the fanbois: "oh jason, i know you acted like an utter tool on this board, but if you're reading this, congrats. i love you jason. you're one of my favorites, even though you are a dick. and, if you see tom brady, tell him i'd love to try to have his child, even if i am a male."

jesus. i think i just threw up a little in my mouth.

3. scalper

scalper Member

Sptchick is accurate about what made him. Whitlock got there before Posnanski. Whitlock was the hard opinion the section never had. He's never been much of a writer. Which is why they got Posnanski. As has been said here before, it's an effective one-two punch. Posnanski can't write the hard opinion, not really. They need each other even if they despise each other.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Everybody take a deep breath. Deliver all the opinion you want, just try to keep it moderately classy.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He and Posnanski might be the best 1-2 punch out there today, but I still don't care for Whitlock as a person.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I think it's Whitlock and Kriegel on Fox Sports.com

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

sportschick: you've made your point.

8. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

This was a disgusting visual :D

9. PHINJ

PHINJ Active Member

I say let Jason back -- if he has the guts to do so -- and answer to his "fans" here.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Let Jason back? Jason left of his own accord. Nobody has to let him back. He can come back anytime he wants.

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

spnited, I believe his exit was involuntary. I mean, he did break the board's first commandment. I'm not sure how long his ban was for, but I'm pretty sure that he was banned.

At least I hope he was.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I think he posted not too terribly long ago.

EDIT: He posted a few times around the Missouri/Kansas football game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.