1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congrats to most of the NYT writers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Satchel Pooch, Apr 20, 2007.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

David Maraniss
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    is a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist and author. As a reporter for the Washington Post he was awarded the Pulitzer Prize for National Reporting for his stories about the life and career of candidate Bill Clinton in the 1992 campaign for the U.S. presidency.

Maraniss began his journalism career as a high school student in Madison, Wisconsin, where he covered antiwar protests and high school football for a local daily newspaper. Now an associate editor at the Post, he joined that paper in 1977 and has served it in various capacities since.

Maraniss's most recent book, published in April, 2006, is Clemente: The Passion and Grace of Baseball's Last Hero. Previous books include They Marched into Sunlight, First in His Class: A Biography of Bill Clinton, Tell Newt To Shut Up (co-authored with Michael Weisskopf), The Clinton Enigma, and When Pride Still Mattered: A Life of Vince Lombardi.

2. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

There's another EXTREMELY big SportsJournalists.com member who has pretty much the same resume, of course ...

3. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

I give up.

4. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Did I miss that member being in the Pulitzer listings this year?

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

pickle_juice?

6. jambalaya

jambalaya Member

The reason they put all the names (NYT and WaPo) was so all said reporters are credited for whatever awards come their way from that fine work. And that's the way it should be.

7. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

Either that, or they contributed to the report. Like the explanatory tagline suggests.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'm just befuddled to know there are still papers on this continent with 18 or more reporters on staff. What's that like?

9. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

OK, guess I'm just ignorant. Thanks for the information.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

no difference, just a larger area to cover with too few reporters.

Draft saved Draft deleted