1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Congrats Jelisa Castrodale - "Jeopardy!" winner

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WolvEagle, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Just tweaking you, SoCal. I should be EVERYONE'S favorite in the SportsJournalists.com sandbox ;)

But seriously, this was a case of the third time being the charm. I tried out basically once every 10 years: when I turned 21, at 31 and finally at 41, although I was 40 when I took the test in January of 2006 and had just turned 42 when my shows finally aired.

And the moment I got the call for a taping, I went out and bought "Shakespeare for Dummies."

2. gravehunter

gravehunter Member

3. RagingCanuck

RagingCanuck Guest

Cheech is actually quite smart. The Jeopardy casting people speak highly of him.

Suggesting that they rigged it to get rid of Roger is ridiculous. Game shows like giving away money - it's their raison d'etre, and the reason people watch. When did Jeopardy get its highest ratings? During Ken Jennings' epic run. Why would they deliberately kill another run?

4. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

My favorite game to play with Jeopardy as a viewer is to see the Final Jeopardy category and try to guess the final answer before you see the clue. I've done it 2 or 3 times, most recently with "Historical Structures" and I guessed Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Draft saved Draft deleted