1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Confessions of a parenting failure

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Actually, the 'perhaps' was an admittedly unnecessary word

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I have no doubts that Idaho is a great parent and if a phone bill is the worst thing you have to deal with while having a teenager, you're doing something right.

I like the idea of no cell phone after 10. That's a great idea and is pretty reasonable.

3. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Yeah. My ex would text me constantly throughout the day. Not unusual to have received over 200 per day just from her. I also receive email through texts and twitter updates. I only sent about 3,000.

4. Mizzougrad96

I'd put the over/under of texts I've sent out in my lifetime at around 30.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

And there's a reason she's an ex.....

6. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Right on the money, Cap'n.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I've sent/received only 130 texts in the first nine days of this month's plan. Considering that number was nearly 900 last month, I've got some catching up to do!

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You need to get out and drive more.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

You have a teenage daughter and are happy that she's getting very good at arguing?

Sonja Henie's tutu!

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

This brings back the memory of the phone bill that my parents got one summer after we came back from a trip to Lake Tahoe. Turned out my 13 yr. old sister had found a "boyfriend" in Southern Cal and promptly spent $100 in 1973 dollars in long distance calls (who pays for long distance anymore?). That was fun to watch my parents explode. Once again, the younger sibling watches and learns rather than being on the front line.

11. patchs

patchs Active Member

My girls are 10 and 9, they both want cell phones.
    My wife and I each have our own plans (her's is VZW, mine is Sprint) so we've talked about it.
    As of now, we'll probably hold out til between the oldest's 11th and 12th b-day.
    She's in youth swimming and becoming more older in nature.
    We're thinking prepay may be the way to go, that way we don't have to worry about anything.

12. Mizzougrad96

pre-pay is another great suggestion.

Draft saved Draft deleted