1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Confession

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cansportschick, Dec 17, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Trust me, there are many men on here who watch a type of soap opera. Check out the 130-something page wrestling thread.

Soap operas for men.

I wrote a column about that a long, long time ago.

2. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Yep, I remember her. Speaking of former ER castmates, Ming-Na was on As The World Turns in the late 80s.

3. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I was the one that peed in the pool when I was little ... Come on now, I was too busy to get out and go to the restroom.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Like BBAM, I thought I was going to be able to absolve myself on this thread.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Uh, that's 141 pages, I'll have you know :D

6. rallen13

rallen13 Member

AlleyAllen!! Say it ain't so!!

7. joe

joe Active Member

I didn't wear the black leather pants Saturday night. I'm sorry, Cadet. I'm sorry, IJAG. Full of fail, am I, yes.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

It's true. SpongeBob is pretty fun, even if you don't have a little one who also likes it. Then again, he and I watch original (read: unedited) Tom and Jerry cartoons and Loonie Toons.

9. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

It took me a minute to post. I threw up a little bit.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And I have about 10 posts on it.

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I went through a brief soap opera phase in the late 70's and early 80's. Started when I was delivering pizza so I was at work all night and home all day. We didn't have VCR's in those bygone years so that was about it for choice. I did the ABC afternoon: All My Children, the one with the rich Texans that came inbetween and General Hospital. Can remember the glory days of Rick Springfield and Demi Moore in regular roles and John Stamos as Blacky Parish. And yes, I called in sick to work to watch Luke and Laura get married.

Now that I have all of the fine Bill Kurtis products on A&E to occupy my afternoons along with my trust DVR I have zero interest in soaps.

12. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I never understood the allure of soap operas until I saw Finding Forrester. Kid finds a National Enquirer in Forrester's apartment and says something like, "I thought you only read newspapers." Forrester replies, "Newspapers are for dinner. This ... is dessert." I think the same thing applies with soaps, which I still avoid, nonetheless.

Draft saved Draft deleted