1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Confederate flag dispute in Kentucky

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Dec 21, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

There was a well-publicized case of this same sort of crap in Guthrie, Kentucky, which ought to be appended to boots' optimal-places-to-get-an-ass-whipping list.

2. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

"Heritage, Not Hate"

[​IMG]

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

No one with half a brain is really all that fooled.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

"I haven't covered a war this exciting since Napoleon made Prussia his bitch."

-- spnited, 1865.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Uh, actually Kentucky was neither Union or Confederate. Had solders fight on both sides, but definitely more of a state with Confederate sympathies. Which is why people in the South don't consider Kentucky part of the south.

But yeah, real proud to be from The Bluegrass State right now. Still lots of high schools with the Rebels mascot, too.

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

"Pick you take your guys right up the middle. With the rise of the hill Meade will never see you and you can take his HQ" General Lee to General Pickett - 6/30/1865

7. 'Fuck this. I'm goin' into the insurance business."
    -- Pickett to Lee, 7/5/65

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

They are the Rebels. There are at least 7 high schools (Allen Central, Louisville Atherton, Boone County in NKY, Boyle County, Casey County, Owen County, Todd County Central) and at least one middle school (East Hardin) that I know of. And most of the high schools mentioned either don't have any black players on the team or have just a few...except for Atherton.

BTW, David School got beat by 97 this year (125-28)...so, suffice it to say, a forfeit looks better. They joined the KHSAA two or three years ago, and have yet to win a darn game.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dammit, why are we getting the shit kicked out of us while everyone else is sitting on their ass?
    -- Pickett to self

10. "Holy crap. I'm on one leg but I'm off the hook."
    -- Gen. Dan Sickles.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

"Stop shooting, you bastar ..."
    -- Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson, May 2, 1863

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

"Hmmm.... perhaps we should forgo this frontal-warfare shit for something a lot more practical."

Prussian observer Heinrich Schikelgruber.

Draft saved Draft deleted