1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Confederate flag dispute in Kentucky

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by EStreetJoe, Dec 21, 2006.

1. statrat

statrat Member

I would go even further and call them traitors. They are not just expressing allegiance to a racist idealogy, but expressing allegiance to a nation that broke away from the United States, fought a war, was defeated and then occupied. Flying a confederate flag expresses is not an expression of pride, but a statement of allegiance to the Confederate States of America which was an enemy of the United States.

2. To add on to what's been said, remember that what we call the Confederate flag was really a battle emblem -- It's not the Stars and Bars. That was the actual CSA flag -- that was revived in the 1950's as a symbol of resistance to the movement to end the American form of apartheid. Since then, if you wave it, you're a racist.

3. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

"We are a conquered people." -- Maj. Gen. James Longstreet, 1868

4. "...but if that idiot Lee had listened to me at Gettysburg we wouldn't be. Half a mile, uphill, over open ground? What a fucking tool."

-- General James Longstreet (under his breath), 1868.

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

No 15,000 men ever arrayed could take that ridge.

6. "It is all my fault."
    "Yeah, no fucking shit, genius."

7. BullBoi

BullBoi New Member

GODDESS, I HATE AMERICA SOOOO MUCH!!!!!
    \
    :liberal:

8. IQ of the board just dropped like Tony Eason.

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Plummeting down faster than a cheerleader on prom night.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I happen to have covered a couple of events at Allen Central High School. Accelerated? Really? You couldn't tell.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I blame NASCAR for crap like this still happening in this day and age.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

It's accelerated for the once-in-a-generation National Merit scholar who wants to get the fuck out of Dodge and make something of themselves.

Draft saved Draft deleted