1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Condi Rice has a new boyfriend! Watch out, Peter MacKay..

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Sep 13, 2006.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Are we sure about that? I have a feeling those kinds of memos would turn her on.

"Insurgents are 'thrusting' into U.S.-held zones. The situation is 'heating up' in Pakistan. The Taliban have 'penetrated' our defense net in the mountains. North Korea continues to 'mount up' their nuke testing program. The situation in Cuba is coming to a 'climax.'"

2. Jeff Gluck

Jeff Gluck Member

From the story:

Then, he said, “Something else I’ve learned about Secretary Rice is she loves the cool Atlantic breezes here in Nova Scotia, and she left the window open last night.” The audience tittered.

At the end of his speech, he took off his glasses, turned to Ms. Rice and said, “Please come back again.”

Ms. Rice, clad in a yellow jacket, black pencil skirt and black heels, also offered plenty of fodder. She repeatedly called Mr. MacKay “Peter” (he called her “Secretary Rice” or “Miss Rice”), confirmed the sleeping-with-the-window-open bit, and told the assembled local leaders that Mr. MacKay had introduced her to his family, including his father and stepmother, the night before.

Family is important, she said, with a sly smile, because “they remind you of the things you did when you were 5 years old.” Beside her, Mr. MacKay grinned and blushed.

3. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Beard.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I think Belinda Stronach would say otherwise.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I thought this was going to be about Gene Washington.

6. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

In this case, Condi ain't the beard, she's the beard-wearer.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Well, at least Condi can be thankful Alberta MP Myron Thompson isn't Minister of Foreign Affairs:

[​IMG]

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

9. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

She'd have to pull them out of Sandy Berger's socks first.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

So does this mean Condi might want to run Canada and not the United States? If so, I'm all for this.

11. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe she and Peter could get married and run a nice bed and breakfast in Lunenburg.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

In the interest of fairness, that was pretty funny, too, Pope.

Draft saved Draft deleted