1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CONCLUSION: Alone on T-Day...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Colton, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Re: Alone on T-Day...

I wish I had a big enough house to invite all of you over for Thanksgiving.
    My parents would always say, "Thanksgiving is not a time to be spent alone." So it was inevitable we'd have 2-3 "strays" at our house or a relative's house because you just don't spend it by yourself. At the very least, volunteering to serve food to others is a good way to be among folks.

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I probably shouldn't pollute this thread with crap like this, but what the hell.

I'll be at work Thursday and I'm dreading it. Went out with a coworker (she works in news) over the weekend. We've been friends in the workplace for quite some time. The date went well from my perspective as it ended in a light makeout session. I sent her a text message the next day saying I had a good time and she replied saying she did as well.

Before the date we would regularly talk on the phone and e-mail each other just about every day...now it has been three days of nothing. When I did see her at work on Monday I got a slight smile and nothing more. Not even a hello. I have no idea what the hell happened.

She'll be in the building Thursday. I have no idea what to expect, but it probably won't be good. Something is obviously not right and it's going to make for a bummer of a holiday.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'll be alone, too. Not a big deal.

Great idea to go work at a soup kitchen to serve the hungry. I've done that a few times the last 5 years. Either that or I'll cook a turkey and give it away to the first homeless person I see.

Whatever makes you feel good, Colton.

Happy Turkey Day.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Colton, I endorse the overall feeling and opinions of everyone here.

I'm not nuts about driving to see the family (mom, sister, brother-in-law, grandpa, and niece are the exception), and Mother Nature bailed me out with dumping about 3-5" of the white stuff today. So, I'll be heading back to the hometown tomorrow.

A friend of mine is having a get together tonight to celebrate the first snowfall and I'm heading over there to have a few cold ones.

I'll play with the niece tomorrow, back away from the second helping, and then once Friday comes, I'm heading back home to my place.

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I'd suggest finding some way of saying, "Looks like this isn't going to go anywhere. Hopefully we can still be friends, but there will be no hard feelings from me in any case."

Don't be bitter. Do allow yourself to be disappointed, but keep that to yourself and/or the people you normally talk to about such matters. Good luck.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

you have me wanting to go buy a bottle of wild turkey today and give it to the first homeless person i see thursday.

7. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. writing irish

That's an awesome idea. I'll be working tomorrow, and as this joint is the only business on this downtown block where people work on holidays, it'll be just me and the homeless tomorrow. I'll get a pint of some kind of booze this evening and dish it out tomorrow.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

make it wild turkey ... ya just gotta.

10. writing irish

That shouldn't be too hard to find around here.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

jesus christ. grow a set of balls, talk to this girl and get this childish uncomfortable situation behind you. she probably just doesn't know what to say, either. but because you're too big of a sissy (note how i didn't use the word pussy), you'll let what could be a good person escape your life instead of communicating with her.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Thanks for not using "pussy," Tom.

Draft saved Draft deleted