1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concerts thread: Best/Worst/Next/Last one you attended?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

That's how I feel about Springsteen himself when he shouts his songs in concert. Much better when he just sings them.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

FileNotFound and YankeeFan like this.
  3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Saw The Struts at the local House of Blues last night. Love their brand of sugary power pop. Upcoming CD is produced by Butch Walker; that's how I heard of them.

Front man is a mix between Bowie and Freddy Mercury with a look straight out of Rocky Horror Picture Show. He's got the glam rock look down and really makes the band stand out. Crowd was a lot bigger than I thought it would be for a band that nine out of 10 people probably never heard of.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

They're currently opening for the Foo Fighters, so they should get some pretty good exposure this year.
    I love The Struts. Damn near every song just kicks your ass into gear. I bought tickets for the Foo Fighters show in Memphis back in October more to see them than the Foo Fighters -- and then the show was postponed until May because the Foo Fighters had some sort of family emergency. I wasn't able to go to the rescheduled show. Pretty bummed about that.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Drove 300 miles to Vegas yesterday, saw U2 last night, drove home today.

Really good show. Seeing "I Will Follow" back to back with "Gloria" was pretty great.

I really love "Songs of Innocence," but haven't warmed to "Songs of Experience" in the same way. The setlist was pretty heavy with those two albums. The "Innocence" songs are tremendous live while the "Experience" songs don't really improve. And it was cool hearing "Acrobat," which they had never played before this tour.

(Next up: Frank Turner with The Menzingers and Lucero next month.)

YankeeFan likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Just what the fans paid to see, I’m sure.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they just finished a stadium tour playing "The Joshua Tree" surrounded by a greatest hits set. Fans had their chance.

Not one "Joshua Tree" song in this set. (Fine with me - saw them twice on the Joshua Tree anniversary tour.)

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Anybody here ever seen Father John Misty? Trying to land tickets for a 450-seat theater show in Newport on Saturday night of Folk Festival weekend (fundraiser for the organization that helps stage all of Newport's arts festivals). He played the festival two years ago (although being scheduled opposite Patti Smith...ugh!)

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Love me some Father John Misty and his weird brand of nihilistic whimsy. Going to try to catch him in Charlottesville in September.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Just bought my soon to be 10 year old daughter tickets to Taylor Swift. Allowing her to take a friend. Also bought a ticket for my gf bc the thought of taking two 10 year old girls to a concert at MetLife Stadium is harrowing. Anyway, anyone seen Swift? Does she take the stage on time? I saw Lady Gaga last summer at CitiField and she went on at like 9 fucking 30. I didn’t have my kid with me that time, but plenty of people did and they were rightfully pissed.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Whoa, that one surprises me on multiple levels.

Draft saved Draft deleted