1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concerts thread: Best/Worst/Next/Last one you attended?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 1, 2007.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Missed the Met Life stand. Hoping for some awesome and long shows when I see him both nights in Philly next week.

2. EStreetJoe

Is Amanda playing with a band or is she doing solo gigs? Saw her solo a handful of times 6-7 years ago and it was always a great show.

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I think it's with a band, but I don't know for sure.

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Will be there on Wednesday. I have GAs and debating how early to get there. At the last Met Life show, I got there at 6 and ended up dead center about 12 people deep.

5. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

I was there. Fantastic. Compared to other 2 shows seemed like he did more of his fist pumping stuff. Did a lot from Born In the USA. Glad we got Jungle Land over Thunder Road. Surprised he did Rosalita so early.

6. EStreetJoe

Since there are a multitude of floor seats at the venue, the GA area is small (compared to most stadiums) and everyone is in the pit. I think getting there at 6 should be all right.

7. Webster

He has rarely done Incident into Rosie like it is on the album. I think that I've only heard that once before. The whole first 90 minutes was crazy -- 9 pre-BTR songs and two covers. Really surprised no Thunder Road in the encores.

8. Earthman

Would have liked to hear Cover Me/ Lost in The Flood / The River but overall thrilled with set list from Wed.

9. Webster

It was one for the ages.

10. Earthman

Agreed

11. Webster

Bruce breaks the 8 day old record by going 4:04 in Philly last night. Amazing show

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Watched Butch Walker marry a couple two feet in front of me at his Cleveland show last night.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted