1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concert advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Faithless

Faithless Member

Just be cool and let your sis and other folks from the 8-Track Generation enjoy their oldies. And I should know because I'm 44.

Don't get out of hand and spoil her night. I think Def Leppard will be the only act that will provoke some spectator wildness. I saw it three years ago and it can still rock. Styx and Foreigner are pretty mellow.

When you get a chance, you should take in a concert yourself where you and your friends can go wild. I looked at Pollstar.com and saw the upcoming schedule of the venue you're going to tonight. . May I recommend Velvet Revolver/Alice in Chains on Sept. 28.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Def Lep still puts on a really good show, and the only person missing from their hey-day is the guy who died. Rest of the band's still there, and Vivian Campbell is probably better than Steve ever was.

I cannot say I have any desire to see the other two.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Junkie, I thought you'd go real old-school on Foreigner, and almost lament that Ed Gagliardi, Al Greenwood and Ian McDonald weren't there. (I believe Ian McDonald is now touring in a King Crimson tribute band made up of fellow ex-King Crimson-ites -- hell, there are enough of them. You can guess Robert Fripp isn't one of them.)

And with Def Lep, what would really be cool is to see them bring back the guy who drank his way out of the band, to be replaced by Phil Collen-not-Collins.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

By all means, wear the t-shirt of the band you're seeing. That makes you look SO cool.

And narc on people for blazing a doobie.

5. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

How was the show?
    How was our advice?
    How many people did you see not following our advice?

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That would be Pete Willis, and given how much he had to drink to get kicked out (Def Lep bein an admittedly drunk band) for being a drunk, I'd be shocked if he was even functional.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

freebird.

Draft saved Draft deleted