1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Concept albums

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John B. Foster, Feb 14, 2019.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Outside of the way bikers used the term? Nope.

[​IMG]
    To be fair, they had likely just returned from the future and had some preternatural insights into the world when penning the lyrics.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Inspired by the Mighty Ducks movies.

flying v.jpg

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"A Quick One" was kind of a partial concept album-- a concept suite, maybe. PT didn't have enough additional material to make it longer and as you noted they already had the album mostly done.

(Of course you remember also that PT originally envisioned "Who's Next" as a full fledged concept album -- the Lifehouse project -- but kind of fell apart on the whole thematic "concept" and opted instead just for an old-style song collection.)

In a way, Sgt. Pepper is about half a concept album: SPLHCB and "A Little Help From My Friends" on side one, with "Good Morning," SPLHCB Reprise and "A Day In The Life" to close, with the other seven songs just dropped in at random.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The Who Sell Out sorta had a concept built around British pirate radio of the 1960s.

I Should Coco and PCLoadLetter like this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah. British radio didn't allow commercials so the pirate stations with commercials were a sensation. Plus lots of great music.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The one I remember from The Who Sell Out was "Keep your group together with Roto-Sound strings!"

7. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

Heinz Baked Beans was the ad i remember.

Draft saved Draft deleted