1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conan re-airing Triumph @ Star Wars right now!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Feb 19, 2009.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

"May the force be with you...for me to poop on."

Fucking awesome. Still, for my $$$, the funniest Triumph ever was when he went backstage at a Bon Jovi concert. "Hey Heather...does Richie dye his pubes?"

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Martha Stewart just ate Taco Bell and drank from a 40 of Eight-Ball.

I can now die happy.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

And which of these buttons calls your parents to pick you up?

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I think I laughed at that line for roughly three days the first time I saw this.

5. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Triumph doing the Hawaii weather wasn't too shabby either.

And after recently having spent a week in Oahu, Hawaii is indeed a pussy. In the dead of winter, the high was 80, the low 70. Every. Single. Day. I could get used to that shit.

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know what it is, but person on the street stuff in New York is always much more entertaining than the same bits done in L.A. And it will be even worse at Universal City when the people are all tourists from somewhere else.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

That's because there is no street in L.A. It's either tourist trap, too gritty to be on TV and/or not in English.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Yeah, absolutely.

That's why when Kimmel and Leno's shows do on the street interviews, they actually take place on sets constructed at the ABC and NBC lots, with hand-picked participants.

Anyway . . . .

As everyone knows, Los Angeles isn't a traditional "big city" like New York. And the parts of SoCal identified as "L.A." by the post office are not necessarily the best - or only - places to do such bits in the area.

Somehow, I think Conan will find a way. The L.A. area's diversity of locations will only help.

The "Traffic!!!!" is no worse than NYC's, after all. Especially at the hour when they usually film these things.

9. highlander

highlander Member

Best line, especially when the Stormtrooper behind him slaps his head like "oh my"

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

I think Conan at 11:30 will flop. Badly.

11. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

Never watched Conan much, usually opting for a late-night movie or a Food Network or History Channel repeat at that hour.

But I have to admit - watching Triumph at Star Wars last night may have been the funniest thing I've ever seen.

I woke Mrs. PD up from laughing so loudly. Fantastic stuff.

12. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

The wizard with the fish sandwich......

Draft saved Draft deleted