1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Conan on '60 Minutes'

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, May 2, 2010.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Pretty interesting comments.

Basically said Jay hasn't reached out since the schism — not a single phone call — and the Chin didn't act with honor. The actual quote to "Did Jay act honorably?" was a long, struggling pause and then: "I can't say. What I can say is how I would have handled it. I would have handled it differently."

Also, Zucker, who he's known since college, hasn't called either.

And, like many, Coco openly laughs at the suggestion that Jay got screwed, too.

Nothing earth-shattering. Just interesting.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I haven't watched it yet, but most of the people I've talked to said that there was very little to come out of it and they were pretty disappointed.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Giant snore but I wasn't surprised. NBC put a gag order on him and Conan didn't want to jeopardize his $32 million dollar severance

4. Mizzougrad96

I thought there was a time limit on the gag order. I know he wasn't allowed to do any interviews for a certain period of time.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I don't believe they mentioned if the gag order had been lifted or not.

In any case, he didn't say anything remotely interesting.

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He couldn't do interviews before May 1. He is still not allowed to disparage NBC or Leno.

7. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

leno can handle that part

8. printdust

printdust New Member

I just watched online. I would have rather inhaled ant spray for a more productive use of my time.

9. BRoth

BRoth Member

Here's the link to watch online or read the transcript: http://www.deadline.com/2010/05/conan-obriens-full-60-minutes-transcript/

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Would have been more entertaining if he came put all aggressive and said "f*ck the non-disparagement clause"? Yeah, but I thought this was interesting nonetheless. Dude was trying to stay classy beyond the terms of that agreement, IMHO, which I thought was a decent use of 10 minutes of my time. It didn't have to be a flamewar's opening salvo or 20-car-pileup.

11. Mizzougrad96

You can listen to the show on iTunes for free. You just download it as a podcast.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's hard to have sympathy for someone who received a $30 million severance package.

Draft saved Draft deleted